QAN 1.00% $6.09 qantas airways limited

My family are all lifetime qantas club members. We paid about...

1. 853 Posts.
    My family are all lifetime qantas club members. We paid about $3,400 each for our memberships. All the free drinks and skipping the cattle queue at the terminal has worked out pretty good over the last 10 years, its roughly paid for itself, but thats about it.

Last year, my family chose to fly around the world, using Emirates. This is the first time we have not used Qantas because it just didn't make sense. I've heard that these arab type airlines are subsidised with cheap petrol to make them competitive.

Now, not for the sake of Qantas shareholders, but for the sake of Australia still having a safe, realistic option for overseas and domestic travel in the long term, it is time for Gillard to announce a takeover of this company at a big premium and/or subsidise the fuel. MAKE IT A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD. Before we have Qantas at 15c a share and a bloody Nigeria on our hands. Take a long hard look at Alan Joyce. He's capable of letting this situaton occur.

This will give us the airline we deserve. I'm a lib voter through and through and can't think of anything less competitive than a gov owned enterprise. But the international airline industry is protected in one part of the world and its not Australia. Plus it will bring the Qantas club back to the standard us Aussies deserve.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.09
Change
0.060(1.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.923B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.10 $6.11 $6.04 $25.10M 4.146M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8587 $6.07

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.09 127451 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.