IBX 0.00% 7.4¢ imagion biosystems limited

Why this biotech chose the ASX over the NASDAQ

1. 414 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 379
    https://omny.fm/shows/fear-and-greed/interview-why-this-biotech-chose-the-asx-over-the

Bob Proulx
    “I think the things that investors should be looking at from us here are two things in particular. One, is moving towards some form of closure, if you will. I won't necessarily say " completion of the phase one study," but some closure with regard to, what are the data telling us about how well that breast cancer imaging agent is working and our ability to move that forward? And then I think also, further development of the pipeline, so that investors know that we're not, what I refer to, as a one trick pony. That we don't just have the breast cancer product, but we're going to have a portfolio of products.So, even by way of example, today we just put an announcement out this morning with regard to the progress with our prostate cancer imaging agent. We're at a meeting, the World Molecular Imaging Conference this week and presenting our prostate cancer results. So, I think the news flow should be focused on the progress of our portfolio and in particular, how that clinical phase study is going and what that means for further developments of the HER2 product.

So, we have our first product that's focused on breast cancer, lymph nodal detection in breast cancer. It's in the clinic in Australia. We began that clinical study about a year, or a year and a half or so ago. We're coming up towards the end, we still have some more patients to recruit, but in March of this year, we reported the interim results for the first five patients indicating that the imaging agent is safe and tolerated. And we're now just trying to get enough patients to, sort of, demonstrate that, in fact, we think the imaging capability is going to be effective before we go to a large scale clinical study. Behind that, we started to develop a pipeline of other imaging agents for prostate cancer. We've got early stage program and brain cancer and ovarian cancer. So, our focus was always on getting the first product into the clinic so that we could actually demonstrate that this idea of using targeted magnetic particles will actually work. And now that we've started to see traction in that early stage clinical work, we've started to put some effort behind filling out a pipeline, so that we can say that we've got imaging agents for a variety of different cancers.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IBX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.