FXJ 0.00% 66.0¢ fairfax media limited

why this is a strong buy

1. 20,381 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1988
    Hi guys
    I was thinking that FXJ may truly be a true take over target as suggested a number of times and most recently in today's fin review . The reasons why I think so are they some reasons hwy this is a strong buy

- its assets eclipse market cap by a multiple of 2.5 x 3
    - it has a resilient business - rural press generating strong cash flow and EBIT
    - it has one big succeful digital business - trade me , which if sold would cover 90% of debt
    - it has a massive media business that as Lazard says slits out lots of cash
    - its assets are strategic and valuable
    - it has potential to save a lot more costs through a JV with APN on printing presses
    - it has a large and growing insto base that a re- entering and seeing value
    - it is cheap at the bottom of an advertising cycle therefore its reveneu will grow as cycle picks up - at best most companies are saying cycle has bottomed
    It's biggest shareholder is a lady of strong conviction and I assume she will want to see a gain in the end for her shareholding and the best way to do that is buy the thing outright and break up imo

In a personal note I realised how important digital will be when I had the physical age sitting on my kitchen table and I was using my iPad to read it online - funinily I like the fin review on paper and the age online as I can easily manoeuvre through the sections

At these prices its a steal IMO as downside seems very limited now that sentiment and TA has also turned positive

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FXJ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.