TNT 0.00% 13.0¢ tesserent limited

Why was it in our best interest to sell?

1. 179 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 49
    As the key responsibility of a Board is to look after the best interests of shareholders, I'd like to know why it was in our best interest to sell the company.

Is it in our best interest because:
    1. The Board felt the company has reached its full potential, and we're better cashing out now because the MC can't possibly increase in the foreseeable future? Had our train reached its destination, or maximum speed?
    2. The Board had run out of energy and enthusiasm?

As a shareholder who considers the company was finally gathering speed, and about to accelerate, my view is that if either of the above are correct, then the current Board should have stepped aside in favour of a new Board who can see potential in the company, and who have the talent, expertise, energy, and time to help realise it. I'm pretty certain that such a Board could be readily assembled.

A responsible Board would have surely analysed and tested TNT's future in great detail, including a fair enterprise value. Did that happen? If so, and the best course of action is to sell the company, then the future must have looked bleak indeed!

Or is a monumental disaster about to hit, and the Board are protecting us? Poor Thales.

The key question is why sell? But are we ever truly likely to know why our dear Board have sold our company? Before we vote in September, shouldn't we be told? Yes - but ...

IMHO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TNT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.