ADO 11.5% 2.9¢ anteotech ltd

Ditto, FlippinPhil, good to hear again from your sober self....

1. 739 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1882
    Ditto, FlippinPhil, good to hear again from your sober self.

Your post led me to recall an earlier investment I had made some years back, in what was then a new technology for electronic chips, that would retain memory in the absence of an electric current. This was quite revolutionary, as up till then all working memory in computers required constant electrical supply. Anything you wanted to retain, had to be stored on disk or some other medium.

At the time, I guess most of us thought of the way we used computers then, and the advantages to their operation such memory would bestow. However, the speed of this new memory lagged the ever-increasing speeds of conventional chip-based memory, as it progressively miniaturised. Makers of games such as Sony, expressed interest (after our considerable marketing and development efforts), but none of the big computer manufacturers. "not invented here", "we're doing just fine, don't need to change anything" . . . a familiar story.

But now, consider how much data can be stored indefinitely on a tiny SIM card? And how many other applications are there, apart from those yet to be considered?

When I think of batteries, I think of their current applications. I think of car batteries for electric vehicles and rooftop solar, of course. And hand torches and tools. And the list goes on. But it makes me wonder what completely fresh developments might arise, should Anteo's technology get a foothold in the market place for batteries? Fresh ideas that we normally close down pretty quickly, because with conventional technology they are just infeasible.

It is the prospect of substantial and perhaps dramatic change that keeps me really interested in this stock. Most of us are under water now; my original intent had been simply to find stocks with upside potential, but now with Anteo it is the fundamental technology that has captured me.

While I do think that our most obvious path is with the battery makers and their automotive end-users, I also wonder whether the path that takes us up is through some avenue we have not yet envisaged.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.