SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

Firstly I think it very unlikely a counter bidder arises in the...

1. 1,116 Posts.

Firstly I think it very unlikely a counter bidder arises in the next few weeks because it appears that only the Chinese have undertaken the massive groundwork required for this deal.

In addition to putting Sundance under the thumb, a huge amount of time has been spent on planning infrastructure & transport, and building relationships with key African stakeholders. Also synergistic projects have been planned (Cameroon car plant)

The amount of time & money spent, & the planned investment, is EXACTLY the reason why we should vote NO to the deal.

With so much already invested in securing West African iron ore, I am sure the Chinese are not going to say - oh well, we tried - and walk away.

If a no vote gets up, then I am sure that China won't mind chipping in an extra few hundred million. This is small change in the overall scheme of securing a supply of iron ore large enough to support the expansion of the peoples' republic in the 21st century.

It will be up to Sundance's hedge fund share holders to table a fair price that all will be happy with. 57 cents seemed fair a while age, but the macro environment has changed for the better, we are further advanced and the Chinese are very keen buyers.

When times were dark, the deal was reduced 12 cents from the 57 cent agreement. Times are now bright so 65 cents seems fair - it is only 8 cents higher then 57!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.