TOY 5.00% 10.5¢ toys'r'us anz limited

why won't this stock turn, page-2

1. 5,784 Posts.
    emklein, the NZ acquisition and at the same time advising that they would not meet expectations was quite a blow to FUN. Prior to this all seemed to be going along nicely and FUN had turned in great financial results - from a growth perspective anyway. I liked the stock.

Sentiment changed with these announcements and now holders get nervous as to whether this is a start of a longer term decline in results and potential buyers hold back as they are thinking the same thing. It will take positive financial results I feel for it to change direction now - or a good announcement that demonstrates that this is the case and then the market has to believe it!

The trend is down now and I wouldn't trade against it - other than maybe an in and out with a tight stop loss in the $1.80 region if I was betting on a double bottom technical rally - but I wouldn't even do that.

Once they warn it often takes a lot to change the sentiment again.

Might be ok and we may be near a bottom - but buying now is trading against both technical and fundamental indicators - and I find that a tough way to make money - unless you short.

all the best

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TOY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
0.005(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $12.14M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 11.0¢ 10.0¢ $2.357K 23.15K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2041 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 94230 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.36pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TOY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.