TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

Why would you short Tassals *now*?, page-268

1. 10 Posts.
    “Tasmanian aquaculture giant Tassal has reported a sizeable salmon mortality event affecting its Long Bay lease near Port Arthur in the state's south but is refusing to detail the scale or cause of the deaths. Key points:Five cages of salmon were involved in a mass mortality event at Tassal's Long Bay leaseThe company is remaining silent on the suspected causeThe Environmental Protection Authority was notified of salmon deaths last weekTasmania's Environment Protection Authority has confirmed Tassal notified it of increased mortality at Long Bay across five individual cages earlier this month.Mass salmon mortality events must be reported if deaths are more than 0.25 per cent of salmon contained in a single cage per day for three consecutive days. Tassal responded to the ABC by stating it values "transparency and facts," but did not answer specific questions on the cause of the salmon deaths, the amount of salmon lost in the event, or the dates it occurred. Tassal also did not provide details on how it was addressing the problem, or whether it had since been resolved. "Fish losses are reported to our regulators as required in our licence conditions," the company's statement said.”

I Got out of this company last Monday because I had just been reading about them over last weekend and was going back years ago into their history (Macquarie Harbour etc) which turned out rather fortunate.
    They talk the talk “values transparency and facts” ,what I see is they do what they do and then try to mitigate any fallout from their operations.
    Now,today, I see the excerpt from the above report in The ABC News..
    History shows them to be a company who do just what is necessary to keep on the right side of the law yet present themselves with honey words as a pillar of environmental virtue.
    I regret not looking into them further before investing, just very lucky I lost no money ,in fact made a small profit, on exiting this company last Monday before this , yet another ‘event’.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.