TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

The argument would be that they regularly push the limits on...

1. 4,656 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 860
    The argument would be that they regularly push the limits on stocking density and just write off the dead "stock" as a cost of doing business rather than keep density safely within margins. There's probably no direct cost to them for the side-effects (algae etc).

There's signs that Huon have been cutting corners. If the industry is feeling pricing pressure they may be tempted to push the limits.

Personally my preference would be for the regulators to be more aggressive in controlling density limits to prevent ANY algae outbreaks etc. The current approach creates an incentive to push to extremes. I'm an investor and a consumer and it definitely tarnishes the industry. Race to the bottom stuff.

The sly digs on here about the motivation for reporting these incidents is very misplaced and long term counterproductive imho. Tassal and Huon currently command a price premium from many of us (as consumers) because of the local, sustainable brand.

If they want to trash that by making their salmon (and prawns for that matter) a simple commodity then they're ultimately going to be toast to the Norwegians and I'll be outta here.

Hey Tassal management, I'm talking to you. Do you want to be A2 Milk or Fonterra? Premium or Commodity? Time to decide guys.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.