TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

Zoom out a bit... besides a few small periods, the share price...

1. 724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1087
    Zoom out a bit... besides a few small periods, the share price and shorts have generally been inversely related.

When this thread was created in September 2020, the price was c.$3.50 and the shorts was 5.4%. But really, this story goes back even further, to around the end of June 2020. At that time, the short position was under 2% (didn't make any lists), and the share price was c$3.80. Since then, the shorts have continued to accumulate pretty consistently while the share price has been in a downward trend. The short term issues were uncertainty in earnings, persistently low global salmon prices, and domestic margins under threat. But they probably over played that hand, because prawn growth is a tailwind, global salmon prices bottomed (I reckon @aza has called it with that graph up above), and half year earnings report wasn't so bad.

Arguably, the downward trend has now broken. The last of the sellers were shaken out it seems a couple of weeks back, and today we are no longer setting lower lows AND lower highs. The RSI has gone from 39 on 19th of Feb to 72 today; the Chaikin Money Flow has turned from -0.2 to +0.1; red candles are having lower volume. We have been here before though, back in August and even recently on 27th of January where the breakout seemed imminent. But what do I know, I am so bad at understanding momentum which is probably why I continue to buy Tassals.

The fun, as they say, is just about to begin.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.