TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

Why would you short Tassals *now*?, page-628

1. 724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1087
    Really useful, thanks.

I also saw Woolworths (rural Vic) with quite promoinent 'Salamanca Seafood Company' (read: De Costi Seafood, a subsidiary of Tassal) for both salmon and bassa. So I reckon that the tender process has been completed, and increased marketing must have been part of their deal. Great news.

Meanwhile, Costco is now advertising their Fresh Atlantic Salmon as Tassals. I've never been in one of their stories, so this is only from their online. But I understood from the previous earnings call with Mark Ryan that Costco and Aldi were new opportunities. Aldi are advertising the Benders/Huon, so no change there (could still be in process, but unlikely).

As for Coles, well that is also a tender that is most likely to have been completed. Anyone know where their salmon is now coming from? It used to be John West with Tassals as like an 'associate' (filling gaps), but I wonder if they got a bigger slice of that pie? They seem to have done well with Coles on the prawns, and are supplying all their fresh / deli prawns now.

Not sure if good news or not, but looks like Tassals also trying to move a lot of their smoked salmon stock. That's basically emptying their freezers. You probably would have noticed a lot more discounted / 25% off price tags on the smoked salmon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.