TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

Why would you short Tassals *now*?, page-689

1. 724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1087
    I agree @McQuade - not quite right there.

The shame in this is that the TGR short position has been able to wither from almost ~13% to now a tic under ~8%. Recall their average short price was around ~3.70, so the current price isn't much of a win. However the unwinding of shorts has been done with a relatively flat share price over the past months (it's still in that channel imho) despite increasingly positive news coming from the company and the overall salmon market. And that's a huge win for them: tails I win, heads I don't lose.

These sort of posts from HotorNot is probably some form of burner account from a short seller. Simply trying to use whatever is at their disposal to get retail investors to sell, so they can cover before August when the *REAL NEWS* will be relased from Tassal's Annual Report.

The narrative of the short sellers continues to evolve. Whatever has been convenient at the time has been the reason for shorting: collapse in global salmon prices, increasing international competition; shifting domestic distribution channels; CAPEX costs of Prawns; and what now we're meant to believe that an unproven / non-viable technology being developed and yet to be at scale is going to upend the industry supported by a Flannery book? Come. Off. It. How dumb are we investors meant to be? Not claiming there is zero merit in the argument of environmental impacts of salmon or technological disruption. I am however sternly asserting it is a bullocks reason for any short term movements in the TGR share price based on fundamentals. If it was real, it would be industry wide and not stock specific, and this is not what we have seen with Huon, New Zealand King Salmon, or even further abroad with Mowi, Leroy, etc.

Another five weeks of this I suspect until any news from Tassal is released.

Last edited by dabozza: 12/07/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.