TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

Why would you short Tassals *now*?, page-694

1. 6,633 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 615
    Regarding the push to move salmon farms onshore;

Atlantic salmon have been one of the poster-boys for RAS (land based aquaculture), are having some problems.

They have done multiple capital raising trying to get going, and had a few fish death events, the most recent one was put down to human error involving a filtering system, with the founder quoted as;

“In general, the challenge is that we have to perform maintenance work with fish in the system. It’s like maintaining an airplane that is flying in the air. It requires extreme attention to detail and risk assessments,”

An investment bank has reduced their probability of it succeeding from 70 to 60%.

Latest story here, but there are 3 or 4 on it.
    https://salmonbusiness.com/atlantic-sapphire-its-like-maintaining-an-airplane-that-is-flying-in-the-air/

I believe the theory behind land based is there can be better control, and there harvesting on a convenient schedule, but as we are seeing, its easier said than done. I expect systems will improve and 'human error' events wont happen. But there is a long way to go before there will be a rational argument to shift all salmon farming onto the land.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.