TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

Why would you short Tassals *now*?, page-698

1. 6,633 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 615
    SFG update today, of interest to us;
    • Financial Year production was 1,068 tonnes
    • Black Tiger Prawn yield was 8.0 tonnes per hectare across all farms, a 21% increase on FY20

I thought that around 14 tonnes per hectare is achievable, but i guess they are still experimenting, they talk about their selective breeding program a fair bit. I believe they are trying to setup for their big expansion rather than maximize revenue at their cardwell operation.

"Globally, the second quarter of 2021 has seen the food service shrimp sector reviving particularly wellin some European countries and USA. This improved situation has led to a continuous priceimprovement on an almost weekly basis since the end of February 2021 as reflected in the USA’s shrimpselling Index. These significant increases have been seen across all origins and shrimp species."

Not directly relevant to Tassal as we aren't targeting export market, but perhaps there is some correlation between prices we can expect.

Found this graph with some historical prices, they look pretty cyclical, was around US$11.7 in Dec20, down from US$14/kg in Dec19, which seem to be a common range over previous years, with notable exceptions.
    https://www.indexmundi.com/commodities/?commodity=shrimp&months=120

"Australian Research Council Research Hub
    Seafarms welcomes the announcement by Minister Alan Tudge of funding for the Australian ResearchCouncil Research Hub for Supercharging Tropical Aquaculture Through Genetic Solutions, led byProfessor Dean Jerry at James Cook University. Seafarms participation in this Hub will build on previousResearch and Development investment and the Company looks forward to working with algal, finfishand pearl sectors to create value to the tropical aquaculture sector as a whole."

Announced yesterday "ARC Research Hub for Supercharging Tropical Aquaculture Through Genetic Solutions" is one of eight research hubs.
    https://ministers.dese.gov.au/tudge/74-million-bring-australian-research-and-industry-together

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.