TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

Candle89 would run circles around me with accounting knowledge...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601
    Candle89 would run circles around me with accounting knowledge and make me look totally ignorant. I prefer to read everything I can find, and understand thoroughly what the company does. If the basic numbers also look correct, the small details usually take care of themselves. Not everyone can understand the finer details of accounting! I like Tassal's plans and the way they're developing. Management has done most of the hard work. Much of the infrastructure is in place for a profitable future. I expect that capex will decrease as production and sales increases over the coming years.

The post this morning read a lot like the report which sunk RFF's share price in late 2019. It was full of brilliantly technical detail and some factual numbers, but that doesn't make it correct or even accurate. I'd be shocked if in fact a large portion of the prawn capital raising was inappropriately allocated by TGR. Mostly, because smarter investors than myself have failed to mention it; and l read everything l can find on Tassal.

One last point... I often hear investors say, 'never fall in love with a stock. There should be no emotional attachment to it.' I disagree. If there's no emotional attachment to the company's products and what they do, why bother being a part-owner. TGR is one of my smallest holdings yet occupies a lot of my stock research energy. But what could I possibly learn about Apple, Exxon, CBA (for example) or an ETF which hasn't already been scrutinised by dozens of analysts. I like that a profitable, growing fish business exists, on a sparsely-populated island, south of the mainland; and that their tasty products are in my local supermarket. If Tassal were just another retailer or IT company, l would have sold months ago. Actually, that mightn't have been such a bad idea

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.