TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

Why would you short Tassals *now*?, page-788

1. 6,633 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 615
    Thats about a 40% premium to last traded price which is a very good outcome for Huon Shareholders, but not unheard of for a takeover.

I expect our SP will get enough attention to get rid of the sellers that have been overhanging the market, and it doesnt take much volume to change the SP, might even see some shorters trying to get out, i expect we will be happier Monday night.

From an operational point of view, Tassal will be the only large volume Australian owned Salmon company (there are some boutique operators though). Our marketing team will probably be having a good day on Monday as well thinking how they can work that into future campaigns.

JBS can no doubt manage it better financially, will have more flexible debt options, and will probably be able to put some money into it to improve operations, for example Huon had said they couldnt afford the third party certification, which probably hurts them a fair bit when tendering for big supply agreements.

I guess in theory it could make Huon a stronger competitor to us in the long term, they already have the diversity that we are building, but we gain that marketing edge.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.