TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

I stumbled across a short video on the ****** site tonight while...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601
    I stumbled across a short video on the ****** site tonight while searching for something else. It's an interview with the Project Sea Dragon CEO. He mentions producing the first stage of prawns in 2023 and also the 180,000 tonne figure which seems like pie-in-the-sky stuff.

l hadn't been able to see the logic of being based in WA and the NT. He mentioned the growth opportunities in Asia and I'm starting to see now that their focus isn't so much on competing with Tassal for the domestic market but exporting into Asia. The use of technology and selective breeding programme were interesting points as well. It gave me a better understanding of what TGR is presumably up to in Queensland. It helped me to see that this venture probably won't be much of a threat to us. High volume doesn't necessarily mean profitability, as Huon has found. And as has been discussed here previously, 180,000 prawns is very ambitious.

I don't think I can share the link here but it's available through the ****** site. Search on Google for "****** Project Sea Dragon" and it takes you directly to the video. I find the content excellent but their website really difficult to navigate and not user friendly at all!

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3455/3455075-e835a60788d75a67ef2045de6d03c853.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.