TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

Why would you short Tassals *now*?, page-883

1. 6,633 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 615
    It was very bittersweet for me when Vocus got taken over, i was as deep into it as you are with Tassal dabozza, could see the value that the market couldnt, but thats the market. I dont think Tassal will get taken over, FIRB would become more concerned if it looked like all our salmon producers became foreign owned, but its good to have some interest, for people to appreciate its undervalued.

From what i know of the salmon industry, there is long term growth in demand of (4-6% pa), and there are environmental limitations on production, which is part of why there is so much money going into RAS, if that is a commercial success over a full lifecycle then there can be supply growth, but i think its a long way to go, and it wont be as clean and ethical as what we are doing now (eg land pollution, stocking density), so i think there is a lot of risk in that path.

I see your point though, and agree about new products, its interesting that Cooke Acquaculture have come out and said they are interested in Huon, but they have more in common with Tassal, or more that we are becoming more like them.

Cooke does Salmon, Prawns and Sea Bass/Sea Bream. Barramundi is also called Asian sea bass, so it seems we have a path to follow.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.