TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

Oh my, I do not hope that Tassal rejoins the fray in bidding for...

1. 724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1087
    Oh my, I do not hope that Tassal rejoins the fray in bidding for Huon! $2.20-$2.40 was opportunistic, but far from say $3 which would be nearer to fair value, or $3.85 which is overs. The fact that folks like Brookfield Asset Management pulled out but JBS continued on bidding, no wonder Benders are so keen to get this deal done ASAP.

This reminds me of Kirin / Lion's dairy business. Mengniu Dairy from China puts in a bid, FIRB rejects, Bega swoop at like a $80m discount or something. No doubt, Twiggy Forrest is hoping to do the same thing to JBS now that he got beat in the bidding. Force the issue on environmental / FIRB grounds to get JBS pushed out, and then with his 17% stake he can try and force the sale to himself at cheaper prices. Despicable, but that's my guess. Problem is.... livestock ethical grounds for the national government has never been an issue, and JBS is based out of Brazil not China. Good luck.

Meanwhile, all good news to just confirm TGR's salmon assets are underappreciated.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.