TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

This is a massive step up in the quality of marketing over...

1. 724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1087
    This is a massive step up in the quality of marketing over previous campaigns. Same with the tropico / Coles marketing.

But, I know how we all love to read the Guardian to get our fix on Tassal stock price movements. Catch that?
    https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/sep/04/wwf-australia-admitted-tasmanian-salmon-farms-not-sustainable-campaigner-says

I don't particularly mind or care about the media noise. It's just that, noise. I wrote to Mark about this topic actually, asking if they had noticed any impact on sales as a result of the book or the media campaign. Unfortunately, I didn't hear back - I'll follow up again.

Meanwhile, the point I'd like to make is that the counter-messages / marketing on the environmental grounds is woeful. Sure, Tassal's report flagged some interesting evidence, and put forward a bit of a counter narrative. But read that Guardian article, and most of the industry didn't bother to respond. Meanwhile, they left it to some peak-body dude to respond on behalf of the industry, who OF COURSE SOUNDS BIASED and just rejects everything outright. That ain't gonna work!

I'd like to see the same marketing gurus behind the Tassal ads doing something to balance the narrative around the environmental impacts of salmon relative to the rest of protein-based agri/aquacultural industries.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.