TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

Why would you short Tassals *now*?, page-959

1. 6,633 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 615
    Its not just ABC imo, but there are specific personalities that have a clear agenda, recently Cousins, and of course Richard (i can see pens from my house) Flanagan, and there have been stories from journalists that sound like they are trying to win the approval of those celebrities instead of being focused on fact based journalism.

And have a look at the four latest stories from this guy.
    https://www.theaustralian.com.au/author/kylar-loussikian

None of the recent stories about environmental concerns ask a basic question a good journalist should ask, like;
    - What meat should consumers should eat instead of Tasmanian salmon to support better environmental outcomes ?
    - If salmon farming is unsustainable, how has it been operating for 30 years, where can we see evidence ?
    - Who is behind the campaign against salmon ?
    /endrant

More to your question, the current (well-known) plan to add shareholder value is the expansion into prawns, after that value could be added by reducing debt, then adding a possibly adding a third species to farm.

The biggest weakness, apart from angry vegans, is that like any farming, it can be adversely effected by the weather, an El Niño increases the temperate of the water which can cause salmon to die, the pandemic has been a negative event for Tassal due to shutdowns of HORECA (Hotels, Resturaunts, Catering), and increased freight costs due to reduced flights.

Good luck with the assignment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.