GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Why would you.., page-11

1. 8,385 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3043
    Bloody hell.
    Have been out of the gxy loop for a while. What a run! Congrats to long suffering holders who are finally getting some of their money back. I did not pick it, unfortunately, but glad for holders.
    But as my self-anointed role of pessimist/skeptic on this thread, for those sitting on 100% gains, I would suggest taking some profits at least (this sort of run is an outlier, regardless of the stock). And given no announcements have been made about GMM or Sal da Vida, the recent gain must either be put down to general increased demand for lithium, or insider trading, pending some big dea. To test the former proposition, I suppose you can compare the GXY price rise in recent weeks to what lithium futures have done (have they outpaced the futures market?). I can't think of anyway to test the second proposition (i.e. that the price run is caused by insider trading pending new spectacular deal).
    Also, with the market cap at $250 million, management must be tempted to raise some more cash to fund Sal da Vida themselves. I would actually see this as the prudent way forward given where the market cap currently sits.
    Anyway, just a cautionary perspective. Backing my previous position, I will wait until the way forward for Mt Cattlin and Sal da Vida is more certain before considering an investment (especially given the previous price run). But again, glad to see some small investors - Thesimmos, Salty etc - getting a nice little reward.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.