UMC 0.00% $1.30 united minerals corporation nl

Leemur,you are right. Like you, I prefer to avoid stocks on...

1. 1,739 Posts.
    Leemur,

you are right. Like you, I prefer to avoid stocks on hotcopper that are full of price predictions for todays close or tomorrows open. CVI was being ramped by the usual band of suspects back in October/November. Now it is plummeting - but is still one of the most talked about stocks. It reminds me of GDN a year ago (being ramped by the same people as CVI), which was also full of open/closing price predictions.

If you're a trader: You follow the market price, and act on what the market does. Successful traders have a predetermined approach to manage risk in case the price moves against them.

If you're an investor: You have a belief about future price, but realise fundamentals have never been good for timing.

In other words -- whether you are an investor or trader: only using short term upward price predictions may be a sign of not having a strategy. If anything it smacks of hope, and hope has never been a good method for producing consistent profit.

If UMC falls over the next week it would be a positive sign to see $1.10/$1.20 tested as new chart support. As for upside: when you're onto a good thing - stay on it.

Joel

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.