All of us may have a view as to what is 'fair ' in life and what...

1. 937 Posts.
    All of us may have a view as to what is 'fair ' in life and what 'should be '. However, I was once told that one of the qualities of an adult is an acceptance that life is not fair.

As you say Malaga, reality is what we deal with.

I do have sympathy & respect for those that battle in life and are renting but want to own a property to live in, especially those with kids and working hard to bring them up and make a life for them.

There are those that are happy renting now. My concern is that if they don't make contingencies for the future they may end up finding that rents eventually eat up a large percentage of their retirement income.

The reality now is that we are in a very low interest rate environment that is coupled with a taxation system that supports the acquisition of investment properties. Also, the calls for the big drops from the 'bears 'have come up so hollow that they are almost even more laughable now.

Where is property going now?........in every direction of the compass because there is no one property market and it really should be broken down to suburbs (and sometimes, street) level in order to make any meaningful comparison. Even at that point you have to know your market and properties to see what renovation work has been done since the last sale.

Overall, property has held up well in general so the bears go it wrong and some of them made the statements with so much passion and as matters of un-contradictable fact that their credibility is zilch.

Property investors are always rewarded for their patience, research & ability to look through the smoke.

In the end...well positioned, researched and funded property will always be a solid investment....that will never change.

If I was looking for the right time to buy a property, it would have been a few months ago.

For property investors and owners it is just 'business as usual ' as it has been for the last few years and the decades before that.

Best to all

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.