CAP 6.00% 9.4¢ carpentaria resources ltd

why your vote really will count this time, page-4

1. w27
    2,468 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 763
    I agree with the above posts. However I would like to comment on the value of the CAP iron ore holdings. These are obviouly the attraction to the Chinese. CAP have one of the most valuable iron ore deposits in the world. It has the following advantages:
    1. It is magnetite which can be processed to 66% to 68% fe. This is an increasingly valuable commodity. The grade of direct ship ore is declining as you would expect. The best deposits are mined first. Steel mills like feed to be above 60%, so any high grade material which can be blended to increase grade is is high demand.
    2. The deposits are serviced by an existing rail line and other services. This dramatically reduces expense and difficulty and time of development.
    3. Port access is available for early shipments and expansion of port facilities requires only brownfield expansion, not expensive and long lead time greenfield approvals and construction.
    4. Transport distances are relatively modest.
    5. The ore is soft and processing is relatively inexpensive.
    6. Waste ratio is very low.
    All this adds up to a very valuable resource and we should not let it be stolen by default.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.