SYD 0.00% $8.72 sydney airport

There’s some misinformation and misunderstanding among today’s...

1. 702 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 843
    There’s some misinformation and misunderstanding among today’s posts around this rights issue.....particularly the dilutive effect.

Shareholders are entitled to buy 1 share @ $4.56 for every 5.15 shares they hold.So if you hold 515 shares @ $5.39 (trading halt price) that’s 515 x $5.39 = $2776 and you pick up your 100 share entitlement @$4.56 you’ve now got 615 shares - total value $3232 ....Divide by 615 = $5.26 per share.

That’s the dilutive effect in mathematical terms if you do nothing ....if you pick up your entitlement you’re notionally square HOWEVER ......

how the market reacts is a whole other matter .... but to say it will open Friday around $4.56 demonstrates a lack of understanding about how this all works.

I’ve been a hold recently on this stock thinking I would only top up if it got down into the mid to low 4’s. I’ll therefore probably pick up my entitlement because (a) I don’t like the dilutive effect of not picking it up and (b) because I think, long term, this stock will recover and $4.56 is a pretty good top up price.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.