NET 0.00% 0.3¢ netlinkz limited

Why, page-70

1. 1,286 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 441
    Hi Justin, thanks mate. I've just finished reading it.

There is something that I wonder if you know anything more about...more curiosity than anything. In the article is says that it's a chinese company (80% owned by NET?), iLinkAll, that actually owns the IP for the suite of VSN products.

So, is NET the creator and onwer of VSN tech...or not? I mean, I guess the point is imaterial given the 80% ownership in iLinkAll. I know it's a pedantic question, but I like to understand things fully, and given that we are talking about IT technology...IP is everything, right? I hate confusion like this.

And ofcourse, ownership structure directly impacts the way profit is split, right? Why does NET only own 80%, not 100% (and is it a full 80%, or is this further split in conjunction with this other mob, Isoftstone??).

Maybe iLinkAll is just a purposebuilt vehicle to facilitate China distribution?

I need to look into it. Good article, I appreciate their distribution strategy ex-china, via partnership with Natsoft.
    _________________^
    As I said to SimpleJim...I am working towards having confidence in:

1. Is VSN a true moat technology for NET?
    2. Is VSN as transformational as they claim?

I think, from what you've written, you are convinced of both points...which reallly is 99% of the battle, really. Which only leaves management competency and valuation for you. For me, I am still looking forward to being convinced of the first 2 points. And now, from your article, I would also add ownership and IP to satisfy my curiosity.

3. Ownership (profit split) & VSN tech IP?
    4. Management competency?
    5. Valuation? (SimpleJim had some useful comments on this)

Please let me know your thoughts. Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.