BCS 0.00% 40.0¢ brisconnections unit trusts

why, page-11

1. 635 Posts.
    you are only obligated to make the instalment payments if you are holding the stock on the record date which is April 2009 (I think the 14th).

The contract to build is a fixed price contract.
    In terms of paying the initial dividends out of capital reserves, well that is what CEU are doing at the moment given it takes time for toll roads to mature. This is no different.

I understand what you are arguing regarding population, however, the Brisconnect road is more like a larger citilink as opposed to the CEU road in outer Melbourne. That is, it will actally be serving a larger population and, I understand, it is (will be) the largest toll road in Australia.

I think there are better stocks than both on the market, however, just think BCS at current prices will present an opportunity to make some money for those punters over the next 4-5 months.

RCY announcing they have suspended dividends is what caused the rice of BCS to fall to 9c. As BCS management stated, they will be paying the dividend as it does not have to be underwritten. They initially set the cash aside. So, this being the case, I would expect some buying in the months closer to January as many set themselves for the 5.95c. I wouldn't be surprised if we see BCS get back to the 20c level leading up to end of January.

Good luck to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.