AGK 0.53% $13.18 agl energy limited

Thomo...please note that I am just a very amateur self-taught...

1. 549 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Thomo...please note that I am just a very amateur self-taught investor. I can give you my opinions, but they could be horribly wrong!

From the stocks I own at the moment, the obvious ones with a good yield and huge SP growth potential, especially once the market regains confidence, would be LEI, WES, and ASX.

LEI has been absolutely smashed, but I personally think it is one of the best long-term buys on the ASX at the moment. Only just over a year ago its yield was under 2%, and today it is about 8%. I'm in this one for long-term growth, the yield was never a consideration.

WES has also been hit hard, but it has some of the best assets in Oz. Buying WES is like buying into a managed fund because you get quality exposure to a diversified range of industries. Recent capital raisings have hurt their SP, but traditionally WES are focused on creating shareholder wealth.

ASX is cyclical and a great one to grab in the rough times and put in the bottom draw. Will continue to grow its divvy over time.

Other than that, I sold out of WDC about a year ago and will deinately buy back into it when the dust settles. Originally when I sold it, I planned on buying back in if it got to $8, but who knows where it could bottom out. Its yield is about 10% at the moment I think.

Hope this helps.

By the way, what would be your tip on the speccy mines?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.