AGK 0.53% $13.18 agl energy limited

why ?, page-7

1. 1,583 Posts.
    Hi Hasamax,
    many thanks for that.

LEI is definitely under rated. I was reading the compare shares article about IV (intrinsic value) and they mentioned LEI and ASX also. Will check out WDC as 10% is huge. Many thanks for the response and I understand that it is just an opinion and do follow up with my own research but was just looking for som starting points and I think those companies along with JBH, TRS say provide good returns with some potential upside.

As for speccy miners, gold is the big thing at the moment.
    I've always believed as the financial debarcle intensifies it'll be like the 1970's where commodities and gold (as a currency) will perform very well even if the general economy is bad. And if the gold price lifts off generally the mining shares tend to go up by a factor of 3:1 compared to the gold price, so you get excellent leverage but it is very speculative.

Of the companies I believe in(only my opinion)& I continue to hold -
    *AGS (partially gold but more of a uranium play and will mine next year)

*ARE (Copper/Zinc in Qld and Gold in Laos with huge upside in SA for IOCGU play at lake Torrens) I hold for me a large parcel in these guys as it's a roll of the dice but if it comes good then it'll be very good.

*ALK which has Ian Gandel (aka Abbotsleigh holdings in AGS and a very wealthy man) driving a few different projects and ALK is rare earths and proving up a huge gold deposit in NSW in conjunction with Newmont, who don't go in for piddly deals so will be interesting to see what happens here. Also ALK own a fair chunk of BCI (iron ore play with offtake agreement signed with Chinese but I don' hold any BCI at the moment but would like to.)

*MUN great possibilities in Sth America with some good backing from Anglo Pacific and into production recently. Very cheap at the moment.

*DYL I aslo have but you'd be better off buying PDN as they control 19% of DYL and call the shots there for some uranium exposure.

Any company at the moment that has enough cash to carry them through the next couple of years or can setup up some favourable JVs will do well.

Looks like the Chinese Sovereign funds are buying up small explorer companies with good in ground reserves to ensure their resource needs will be met for the industrialization of their country. Also the FRB doesn't get involved if companies are under a certain value (ie a few hundred million) like they are wtih the Rio Tinto deal.

Sorry to diverge from the AGK thread but just some sharing of info. I hold a few other specs but nothing to write about as I don't think the upside is as good as the companies listed above.

Good luck and many thanks for the timely response.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.