TXN 0.00% 58.0¢ texon petroleum ltd

Thanks, agentWhat I was wondering was whether the fraccing of...

1. 1,655 Posts.
    Thanks, agent

What I was wondering was whether the fraccing of the EFS was also draining the Austin, assuming a sequence structure as in Karnes where there is the EFS, a transition zone and then the chalk overlaying.

According to TXN's presentation of 28 feb (slide 12), the pay depth of the EFS is about 150ft. AUT published a presentation showing the range of the fissuring produced by the stimulation process and, though they mentioned reduced propagation in a vertical plane (my guess- the rock is horizontally layered), a lateral drilled through the centre of the horizon might drain 100ft below and above, which would be more than the depth of the pay zone mentioned by TXN. So, if they drill a bit higher, they might be tapping into the chalk above. Just a thought. Possibly wrong.

On another point, there has been previous comment about flow rates. AUT has now just given 30 day figures for Buehring, which has been flowing 797 bbls/1mmcfg. That is almost identical to Tyler Ranch 1 (808bbls/1mmcfg). That's not all that is almost identical. From the ASX release of 17 Jan 2011, Tyler Ranch 30 day production was 17,814 bbls and 22.1mmcfg as compared to Buehring 30 day 17,406 bbls and 21.8mmcfg.

Tyler ranch was stated to be under restricted choke and Hilcorp have been flowing wells under restricted choke also, though it wasn't specifically stated this time around.

Those wells could be sisters.

The IP ASX release for Teal was on 15 April, so 30 day figures are possibly due early next week. The condensate ratio for that well, based on IP figures, was a staggering 1,501 bbls/1mmcfg. The flow characteristics might differ from Tyler Ranch - much heavier mix of HCs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TXN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.