BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

wild speculation, page-7

1. 2,381 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Now you know why the stock is at 2.4 cents. Hang on to those options Kots0. The Chinese are coming. They have 300 billion to spend. Additionally, the UK gov has also just allocated 8 billion pounds for R&D. Fortunately, the work continues despite the FDA being in bed with big pharma and world economies apparently collapsing. Once the Chinese decide to invest in some of these biotechs, big pharma will suddenly be falling all over themselves to snap up those with the best patents and technology.

Thanks to Dr Burzynski and his determination, we all now know what is really going on and this movie highlights the reasons for the market cap of biotechs being at an all time low. I wonder how many cancer sufferers with radiation and chemotherapy drugs from the 80s as their only treatment options have watched this movie and will be lobbying for major changes within the FDA? They have reasons to be very angry when experimental trials (not connected to big pharma) are being funded almost exclusively from donations instead of government grants. They are probably pretty upset too that their tax dollars are being spent by the FDA in a decades long battle with Doctor Bursynski, preventing a more effective treatment becoming available to them.

For me, I think the tide is starting to turn in BLT's favour. The recent leukemia trial has created quite a stir and its success may result in renewed interest in BLT's proposed HIV/AIDS trial. The CoH HIV/AIDS second trial (which BLT own the patents for) is shortly to be underway, the pain therapeutic and the HepB programs are progressing. The FDA have just approved the first gene therapy drug. A new RNAi centre has opened up in the USA. The USPTO has amended its criteria making it more difficult to challenge existing patents, thereby making them easier to sell. Many countries have massively increased their R&D spending on potential new drug therapies, and the Aus gov is giving a 45% tax credit back to biotechs for R&D costs.

So, there's a lot of good and interesting things happening. It's speculative, but if it pays off, look out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.