Will Albo kick Fatima out of the ALP, page-42

1. 18,391 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179
    @Scott th Ratbag Thankyou for your well-considered reply. I tend to have the same empathy for Eastern religions as you, even though when you check out Asia, and in particular India after the division into Pakistan and India, there was enough hatred, killing etc. to 'do them for a long long time' despite their peaceful religion - and the caste system of the Hindus is a despicable thing, although it seems to keep a 'lid on' the population.
    Anyone who has seen - maybe on the news - one of those early morning trains with humanity pushed together within a hair's breath of each other and hanging off the trains like bunches of grapes - and yet there is no mass murder happening' - has to wonder how 'they' manage to keep civil.

I have recently met a group of people who 'seem' like they are members of a sect with a guru, but there is no such thing, they are simply dedicating themselves to a minute examination of their egos and how they can 'leave' their moment-to-moment egotistical thoughts unheard, and have a loving and happy attitude to themselves and the people around them. They are truly nice to be with, but somewhat competitive in their virtuousness - it is almost humorous, but they are so earnest in their endeavour, it is 'sinful' not to like them, and I have to leave my sense of the absurd at the door, when I meet them. 'Ego' is the big enemy, and there is a big truth there, yet without ego mankind would still be in the trees IMO only!!!?

I reckon we could have a good chinwag - you and I, although I reckon you are many years my junior - but my newest - perhaps best friend - is 15 years younger than I am and I find my age-appropriate friends utterly boring, they just go to funerals, or share lunches where they commiserate with each other about absolutely everything . . . . YOU live in Queensland, don't you? Can't see myself getting there, but will visit Sydney, if I don't make it to Europe this year.

Take care, keep your sense of balance, humour, whatever floats your boat!
    Tau
    ❤️

https://www.academia.edu

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.