MMR 0.00% 0.4¢ mec resources limited

will any publicity be good publicity?, page-8

1. 2,142 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    thanks Dmanaus

on page 27 i found this

CATHERINE HILL BAY GAS EXPLORATION

On 2 June Mr Ian Cohen asked the Minister for Primary Industries a question without notice regarding Catherine Hill Bay gas exploration. The Minister for Primary Industries provided the following response: I am advised that although a full Environmental Impact Statement is not required by Commonwealth legislation, the proposed exploration program has been assessed by Environment Australia. In the event gas is discovered and a fixed platform is proposed, the issue must be referred to the Commonwealth Minister for the Environment and Heritage, who will determine whether an Environmental Impact Statement is needed.

In August 1992 NSW Fisheries scientists undertook a study of prawn catches to assess the impact of a seismic survey undertaken by Santos Limited and Ampol Exploration Pty Ltd off the Newcastle region in mid August 1991. I am advised the assessment could not detect any impact on prawn catches that could be identified as being caused by the seismic survey.

In relation to the recent seismic surveys in the area, I am advised that Bounty Oil and Gas has engaged an independent consultant to undertake a study of the impacts, if any, of those surveys. As part of this assessment, the consultant will liaise with NSW Fisheries and affected stakeholders. NSW Fisheries has also agreed to provide catch data to the independent study if required.

http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/Prod/parlment/hanstrans.nsf/V3ByKey/LC20040831/$File/531lc090.pdf

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MMR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.