NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

I asked Simon Crowther about this at the AGM and it's something...

1. 308 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 122
    I asked Simon Crowther about this at the AGM and it's something they're obviously aware of but the opinion seems to be that there's a lot of regulatory issues around it, and ATM it's not as cost effective as doing aerial surveys. So far no clients have requested this.

Personally I view it more as an opportunity than a threat. One of the things Simon has repeatedly stated is this idea of Nearmap being a data platform, i.e. supporting layers of data that further enhance the value of the aerial imagery.

From that POV if there was demand for higher frequency/resolution updates I would think it would make sense for someone like Nearmap to offer such surveys as a service.

I mean it's one thing to say that it's technically possible to use a drone to capture photo & video, it's another to actually do it. Think about the typical business application -- is the end-user seriously going to fly the drone themselves, process the footage, then put it all into their own UI (spend how many bucks building or buying)?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.