BDL 0.00% 13.5¢ brandrill limited

will drop in profit & sp trigger a takeover???

1. DSD
    15,757 Posts.
    Last night BDL announced that because of delays and deferrals in several drilling projects.... BDL would (despite cutting overheads)incur a LOSS for 2HFY09. As a shareholder i am very disappointed especially after expecting a better result. Overall it now seems BDL will break-even for the full financial year 2009. BDL emphasise that the deferred projects will mean revenues in FY10 will increase from 2H09... and they are probably right. BDL also on track to get work at GORGON if/when that monster project is signed-off.
    In first 45mins of today the BDL SP has fallen to just 5.0cents on (for BDL).... very high volumes. It seems some holders have had enough and are getting out for good. But high turnover indicates others see value in BDL... esp when measured against the high value of the net tangible assests.... i.e. scores of drilling rigs... many of which are newish.
    What Brandrill can also offer is a long relationship and numerous contracts with blue chip giants such as BHP RIO etc etc. BDL specializes in drill&blast for IO and coal. Does not do exploration drilling as far as i am aware.
    In light of the above.... my query is: Is BDL now a Takeover Target???
    IMO it has-to-be. SP waaaay below assets and reasonable amount of work contracted for coming year. UGL WHERE ARE YOU??
    Hence, i am holding my full stake as i feel the SP has effectively bottomed.... and if TO does eventuate the SP will leap in value.
    PS. If BDL intended to conduct a capital raising.... then surelytochrist it would have been part of today's announcement. BDL do not have a big debt so am fairly sure a raising is unlikely. Still...DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.