FMG 1.84% $18.10 fortescue ltd

yea man, you said yourself 'couldnt help myself, shorted at...

1. 1,415 Posts.
    yea man, you said yourself 'couldnt help myself, shorted at 4.74' or something to that end - so mistake of emotions. on the other hand you could have shorted at 4.50 or 4.30 and probably considered it at the time. so at least you didnt do that. you also said recently tho you were going on your gut, or starting to trust to it. well then...

anyway, today was obvious gap on open would have been sweet to short 4.16 to 4.05, that was pretty easy bet, but personally I already sold what I had left at 4.88 after buying a month or so before at 4.82, having watched all the falls and held on patiently.

I will buy on dips. Have not made a loss on FMG so far. up 21% after trading it since october, longs with no leverage.

"when picking up pennies, beware of buses" of course.

finally, IMO now would be more the time to be going short because everyone's got the rose coloured glasses back on right? short memories once again ZOMG...

An alternative for trying to gauge with charts, sentiment, or guts...: buying based on good old PE ratios and earnings forecasts...

add to that a little time (or patience), and maybe this is more a winning formula for making money...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.10
Change
-0.340(1.84%)
Mkt cap ! $55.72B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.33 $18.39 $18.08 $121.3M 6.626M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 50 $18.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.14 3000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.