FMG 3.09% $17.34 fortescue ltd

will fmg advance today?, page-39

1. MJS
    2,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    I haven't bothered posting on FMG although I am long. But a few quick comments (while watching the tennis) to think about:

ispicer: I always have admitted that FMG is undervalued is essentially acknowledging you are undertaking a high risk trade - if a stock is legitimately undervalued it is very easy for SP to turn on a dime. Nothing wrong with that provided you understand the risks and can cope with losing whatever you are "investing".

Re whoever said your credibility here is shot to pieces I don't see why that is the case. A trade went against you. 99% of people have invested in a stock and lost money at some stage. 1% have lied. If you had your stop, which I understand you did, and stuck to it then hey, you stuck to your plan. IMO whether a long or short investor that is of primary importance: have a plan (with sound reasons behind it) and stick to it.

When I was younger (early 20s) I used to "trade". I thought I was a genius when I purchases WOW at $2.74 and sold for $3.20 or so. Same some time later when I purchases UGL for I think $1.07 and sold for $1.30 odd. The list could go on (will skip the more speculative losses!!). Anyway, one thing I did learn was it might not seem as exciting, but a good stock held is as good as gold.

But again, I don't buy and "set and forget". I regularly look at if their fundamentals are as solid now as then.

MJS

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.34
Change
0.520(3.09%)
Mkt cap ! $53.38B
Open High Low Value Volume
$17.31 $17.51 $17.00 $309.6M 17.18M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 300 $17.33

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$17.35 28897 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.