BAL 0.00% $13.23 bellamy's australia limited

For now we will have to watch for the pending announcement and...

1. 12,161 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 433
    For now we will have to watch for the pending announcement and see where it takes BAL from here, like lots of others.

I don't hold much confidence in the outcome after the announcement and mentioned it not long ago that it was surprising they didn't do a trading halt before the first calamitous announcement in November but it appears even that was too late. A continuous disclosure failure for sure.

Something that I discussed with a few peers many many moons ago was the Periodic Disclosure obligations as well and that was that many companies "could" step up to a regime of quarterly reporting to their shareholders and better still publish an annual Board calendar for shareholders but we all agreed that in this day and age their is little appetite for this and only the minimum effort is put in to meet compliance. It is a shame as many companies have fallen in to the "shareholders are as much for harvesting as is the markets they choose to purse" mentality and that is a dangerous and slippery sliding slope. BAL is no less guilty than many others and its website structure shows scant regard to governance and shareholders.

Let us hope there is a light for BAL in the future sometime but I can't see it getting heady heights again any time soon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BAL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.