AGL 0.96% $10.55 agl energy limited.

Just FYI and not flexing, I bought QAN at ~$1.50 when Alan Joyce...

1. 283 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 58
    Just FYI and not flexing, I bought QAN at ~$1.50 when Alan Joyce took the axe to the employees in 2014 [1]. They had some fundamental problems too. Was there inefficiencies in the company? Yes. Was a national carrier going to fail? No. Did the downsizing made QAN a more profitable organization afterwards? Yes. In AGL's case, all they have to do is to transition to more renewables profitably and ignore the noise.

I am not saying AGL is a national electricity provider but it is a strategically important entity where national energy security is concerned. It's like Telstra. It's not quite a government entity but someone will save it eventually because there are consequences of it going under. My only job was to scoop up more while the chaos is going on, like I did with BHP, QAN and TLS. Maybe FMG was a fluke for me but the previous 3 were not.

Obviously my sentiment for AGL is that it is undergoing the same process of getting beat down and spectacularly recovering and I am happy to pick up more as the price goes down and I totally welcome downrampers to help me get to my goal. Even if it doesn't pan out, AGL represents only a fraction of my portfolio. It isn't worth your time to hang around AGL if you only got a few thousand shares. You can easily make it back with other stocks. Besides, the dividend payout will eventually recover your paper losses as long as you hold on to it.

Diversify.

[1] disallowed/business/companies/qantas-cuts-5000-jobs-posts-252-million-first-half-loss-20140226-33i4c.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.55
Change
0.100(0.96%)
Mkt cap ! $7.097B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.47 $10.58 $10.41 $46.39M 4.416M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 140467 $10.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.56 620 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.