SSG 3.60% $1.30 shaver shop group limited

Shaver Shop is really a strange stock.It has been in a tight...

1. 4,442 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 474
    Shaver Shop is really a strange stock.
    It has been in a tight range of trading since Oct 2020 (0.90 $-1.25 $).
    During that period, its results have never disappointed.

Recently, it has shown a strong resistance, in a difficult environment for retail companies.
    Their last published results (H1 24) once again was a good illustration of their resistance, with an EBITDA decrease of only 7.5 %, despite a sales decrease of 3.7 % (- 4.6 % lfl).
    It was due to a good level of gross margin (44.4 %, up 10 bp) while their cost of doing business was almost flat (+ 0.3 %).

The main reason I can find for the stability of the share price is the attitude of the insiders.
    According to market index website, insiders have sold a significant level of shares since Nov 22 and none of them have bought shares during that period.
    It may be a good sign that there was no major insider selling since the beginning of March 24.

Anyway, I expect Shaver Shop to show better results for H2 24, like a lot of retailers who have communicated recently.
    The stock is now so cheap that it is difficult to ignore.
    Based on FY 23 results, Shaver Shop has a free cash flow yield of 10.8 %, a PE 23 of 9.6 x and a yield of 8.3 % (pay-out of 78 %).

I do not remember to have seen a similar story before.
    Technical analysis may be of some help in such a case.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.