Will matriarchy replace patriarchy?

1. 15,952 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 134
    We've been hearing for a couple of generations now at least, feminist writers and influencers going back to the Simone de Beauvoirs and more in our time the Germaine Greers, haranguing society about injustice to women in many ways.
    And of course they were right and gradually the merit if you like of their cause came to be accepted and all kinds of adjustments and legal frameworks were put in place to rectify things and create a balance.

But I look around one day and I see that nearly all the journalists on tv are women, I think there would be more female than male journalists overall. Most teachers are women. In fact I suggest that when it comes to influencers, there are increasingly more women than men.
    Are men being overlooked in recruitment for many power positions. I've got a daughter who's an executive.

Not that there's anything wrong with what we've got now. However, the other thing that strikes me more & more is that younger women in positions of influence are becoming like most men used to be ie. aggressive might be too strong a word but in many cases it isn't.
    Is this where we're headed? A society where women have become the dominant holders or determiners of power and influence?
    We're not there yet but I seem to see a trend and will it end well?
    Does anybody else see this trend and is it going to be good for society? There are many implications.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.