Will matriarchy replace patriarchy?, page-17

1. 17,233 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    lol. I’ll ignore the last comment - well maybe not it’s an invitation.

i think every generation and individual struggles in some ways with making sensible choices about the best ways to deal with issues. In fact I agree with your commentary on another thread about the state of some of the communities - I’m just not so sure I agree about the solutions. I also agree with your comment about determinedly patriarchal customs and culture - a small issues ignored by many.

(I thought some of the communities in png were a bit on the nose as well. A pig being more valuable than a woman. The woman’s value was that she could breastfeed a pig that needed more milk.)

my own view is we haven’t fixed much - sure we addressed one set of problems but have succeeded in creating another set that will need fixing. That however is the nature of society and humans. It leads to social change and evolution - for good or bad

when you reach a crisis - because things seem so bad we either get a leap forward - to create another version - or we fall back to old ways. Trouble is crisis looks different for different people

I don’t mind the crises I’ve had. Useful. Helpful. And ultimately happy making. May others experience the same

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.