Will matriarchy replace patriarchy?, page-5

1. 41,471 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    Great post @alonso

Leonard Cohen wrote in the early 70's (paraphrased) I can't wait for the women to take over. men have had control and look at the mess we have made. let the women rule us for a while. (source: the Cohen songbook Songs of Love and Hate).

well Alonso, it seems Lenny was on the money alright.

do yo know that only 150 years ago women had only nominal rights if they had any. incest and child prostitutes were common in cities, homelessness was very common and rents, if you could find a place, were demanded with menaces for most of the poorer 85% of the population.

we still have these problems but by crikey isn't the world a better place for having reduced the horrible abuses of the past?

my values are egalitarian. women should have always had every right that any man has. now at long last, after thousands of years of being a second class of human, in many countries, only just above black-skinned people, they have these rights.

now listen to Helen Reddy "I am Woman"..... and thank women that they don't kill us off and reduce the remnant male population to a handful of sperm donors.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.