Actually I don’t disagree with the basic premise that some women...

1. 17,473 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    Actually I don’t disagree with the basic premise that some women want to have status outside the home and still want men who are at least equal or greater status.

i used to think that was a silly thing to want but as I’ve aged I think that finding a man who can cope with a woman who has better education, and earns more money and can cope with that without needing to fund sone way of putting her down or asserting themselves is a little bit more rare than you might think. But I’d love to hear from men who are able to

heap my comment about men wanting to keep women blah blah was pretty simplistic but then I was not trying to pretend that comment was based on research. Slightly different from what you were doing.

the subject is complicated. What I object to most is the sweeping comments about womens place or role or abilities without allowance for individual abilities or skills. It is that boxing them in that is a problem. I actually have no where near as extreme views as you might think but I’m perfectly happy to be that way of talking to men who can’t allow women out of the box.

if you talked to enough emancipated women more and more of them are thinking exactly that they really don’t need a permanent attachment in the form of a man.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.