MSB 1.52% $1.01 mesoblast limited

Seriously?Two things:1. Mesoblast's treatment is targeting ARDS....

1. 522 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3626
    Seriously?

Two things:
    1. Mesoblast's treatment is targeting ARDS. That includes ARDS induced from not just COVID-19 but also from other afflictions like the Flu
    2. Modern's results are from an early read out from a Phase 1 trial. This is just a first step. Moderna injected the vaccine only in a few dozen people, hardly a number that is statistically significant. Here is what Dr. Paul Offit, a member of the NIH panel for vaccines framework said about Moderna's effort "....before the pandemic, vaccine developers would typically test out their product in thousands of people before moving on to Phase 3, but that Moderna is "extremely unlikely" to have vaccinated that many by July, since they've only vaccinated dozens so far".

I was listening to a live conversation by Dr. Tal Zaks, Moderna's Chief Medical Officer, this morning on CNN and he specifically said that it would be at least by the end of 2020 or July 2021 before Moderna can get their vaccine ready for widespread use. That is assuming it will pass Phase 2 and Phase 3 trials.

Look, we all want an effective vaccine to work and it was needed yesterday. But to question Moderna's vaccine progress on Mesoblast's share price is not worth discussing.
    Mesoblast's Remestemcel-L will be approved for ARDS long before a vaccine will be ready. Sure a vaccine could reduce the number of COVID-19 patients from progressing to ARDS. But also let's not think of a vaccine as a panacea. Each year, millions of people take the Flu shot yet thousands die each year.
    In the US alone last Flu season, as many as 62,000 died. Just in the US.
    Here are the numbers from the CDC:
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

And lastly, do not forget the 32+ mutations that COVID-19 already has morphed into so far. Dr. Itescu has recently said that the coronavirus is "not going away". I believe the man. He knows better than us keyboard warriors:
    disallowed/business/small-business/not-going-away-mesoblast-boss-urges-staying-social-distancing-course-20200409-p54im6.html
    I mentioned this back in April:
    https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/not-going-away.5338695/?post_id=43983888

***** Today's NASDAQ action was on lower volume. I went through the trades and it is clear that it is all retail. We had less than average volume traded. Yes, it fell short of MSB but not by much. In fact, there was a clear surge in price during the last 15 minutes in to closing. MSB on the ASX had, from reading posts here, huge blocks go through, clearly from instos.
    So relax. Mesoblast = Togo.
    Looks like you guys in Australia are buying with conviction, as I requested you to in my last post. Attaboy!

****** A big welcome to "Left-e" a fellow American who just joined us on HC as@LeftYahoo. Welcome, Bro!

****** @cutebaby1029 and @n00bmasta - the ADR fees for MESO is 4%. It is regardless of the share price. If you hold 10,000 shares of MESO, for example, you pay $400 annual fee. Does not matter if the sp is $10 or $100. Hope that helps.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.01
Change
0.015(1.52%)
Mkt cap ! $1.136B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.00 $1.01 99.0¢ $1.010M 1.012M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 52043 $1.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.01 92484 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.05am 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.