NHC 0.64% $4.71 new hope corporation limited

Will New Hope make money?, page-218

1. 10,236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1357
    Sorry to delve into the murky world of politics, but one can't recommend Flynn, Qld voters put a '1' against Federal Labor at the 2021 or 2022 Federal election, given so many Labor MPs Federally and in various states are illogically anti coal but this has just made top billing on Sunday night 4 July 2021 on 'The Australian' site:

(NHC's new Hope mine is however in the Federal electorate of Groom, not Flynn - the latter has other coal mines):

"Labor’s candidate for the federal seat of Flynn has called for the Palaszczuk government to approve stage three of the New Acland mine expansion.

Gladstone mayor Matt Burnett is considered one of the party’s best hopes to win a Queensland seat from the Coalition.

He has joined some of his would-be colleagues, including Blair MP Shayne Neumann and Senator Anthony Chisholm, in calling for the Queensland Premier, Annastacia Palaszczuk, to hasten the approval process for the mine.

Anger in resource regions over the drawn-out approval threatens to derail Anthony Albanese’s election campaign in Queensland and bears parallels to the Adani mine issue that cruelled Bill Shorten’s tilt at the 2019 federal election.

The expansion of New Hope Group’s New Acland mine, near Oakey, west of Toowoomba, has dragged on for 13 years and was recently sent back to the Land Court for assessment, which is due in November.

The Palaszczuk government has repeatedly refused to step in, saying approvals would only be given after the legal challenges were exhausted.

Throwing his support behind the New Acland expansion, Mr Burnett said Labor’s reluctance to outwardly support the coal industry was the reason behind Labor’s poor performance in Queensland at the 2019 election.

“The reason they lost the election is coal,” Mr Burnett said. “They wouldn’t say ‘coal’.”

He said the government could use the powers of the Co-ordinator-General to fast-track the approval.

“I’ve been frustrated at the court process and how it is being continuously held up and the jobs that are being put at risk,” Mr Burnett said..."

Last edited by Hopeful9: 04/07/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.71
Change
0.030(0.64%)
Mkt cap ! $3.977B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.71 $4.73 $4.69 $3.983M 846.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
34 19483 $4.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.71 9796 32
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.30pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.71
  Change
0.030 ( 0.24 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.71 $4.74 $4.69 267432
Last updated 12.47pm 03/05/2024 ?
NHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.