interesting points nursery.... "the cost is not competitive with...

1. 41,469 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    interesting points nursery....

"the cost is not competitive with coal. The scale required is not achievable. ". .... neither of these statements are supported by the CSIRO Gencost report.

its much more achievable than the building of a HELE coal plant of a nuclear plant and the cost Gw for Gw is less for renewable energy tech - by a long chalk.

I agree on dams, but pumped hydro is more practical as these can be built better, faster and cheaper than the current efforts. Snowy 2 was screwed over by Taylor and Genex has been leaning he engineering in a difficult context. but these lessons are learned by engineers and future projects will make good use of those lessons.

there are at least 37 sites suitable for pumped hydro https://re100.eng.anu.edu.au/2024/02/28/Researchers-found-37-mine-sites-in-Australia-that-could-be-converted-into-renewable-energy-storage/. and these could be used for loading fire choppers or dehydrating parched landscapes if necessary. meanwhile farmers need to build their own dams imo.

and finally I 100% agree these will reduce the need for coal or nuclear generation.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.