Bob Carr was against anything happening on water courses. The...

1. 17,928 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1004
    Bob Carr was against anything happening on water courses. The one I had in mind was spring fed with only a trickle of water The flow actually started on my property. It was a small creek with a series of waterholes. Years later the next owner did build a dam there. He put a two-inch outlet and allowed a continuous flow.

I know of another one like it where a neighbor put down a bore for irrigation and his drawdown of water was deemed responsible for the spring that fed a creek going dry almost all the time. It was at a place called Ban Ban Springs, between Gayndah and Childers. There was a roadside rest stop there going back to the bullock wagon days. I was through there a few years ago and the spring was just a few dry rocks. A google search shows it flowing as I first remember it. That picture shows if flowing better than I ever saw it.

BanBanSprings. / -25.6761; 151.8205.BanBanSpringsis a locality in the North Burnett Region, Queensland, Australia. [3] In the 2016 census,BanBanSpringshad a population of 7 people. "
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6044/6044894-bc777b2fc58e531b78771ebd04fdf4f8.jpg
    Last edited by nursery: 20/03/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.