DES 4.17% 12.5¢ desoto resources limited

will october be the month?, page-5

1. 489 Posts.
    apple cracks dessie's windows Hi hackpacket,

Any chance you can post the article in todays AFR. I do not live in OZ.

As for Apple not wanting to make money, I can't swallow that one. ipod is popular overseas, so are a number of other mp3 players, so there is already competition as to who can offer best download service and range of music. ipod alone does not offer a good enough stand alone product to take the market, especially as ipod has no fm radio or voice recording facilities as competitor models increasingly do.

If apple can offer 400,000 songs, by end of October, then they will be front runners. The crucial move though, will be who offers bulk download rates for music, as most people are going to get annoyed at downloading for 99 cents per song for music they accumulate very quickly with the push of a button. Won't be hard to notch up a couple of hundred songs a week for downloading and parting with hard earned cash will be the biggest hurdle. The first company to recognise this and cater to cheaper rates will be the company which takes the lead. I for one can't see Destra doing that. As an investor in Destra, I hope they make the right moves and secure the right partnership deals, otherwise a lot of Aussies are going to buy from overseas.

Cheers all
    MM

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DES (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.5¢
Change
0.005(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $7.945M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.0¢ 12.5¢ 12.0¢ $11.47K 95.35K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 4567 12.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.5¢ 13938 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.24pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DES (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.